Saturday, September 1, 2018

Book Spotlight - The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho



I am aware that The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho is a work of fiction, but fiction is the the imagination made manifest and if that's not magic, then I don't know what is.

What Drew Me In

  1. Not only is this a fictional tale, it is almost a fantasy for adults.  There are mysterious kings, frightening bandits, and of course, the Alchemist.
  2. The flow of this tale is so powerful, you simply are swept away.  However, within the fantasy, I felt the connections to the mundane.  The boy, the hero, gets comfortable and I could see how it would be so easy to succumb to the seductive normalcy in his life.
  3. But the boy does not succumb however, he lives his personal legend.  I loved that concept - the idea of a plain sheep herder living a personal legend.

How I Think I Can Apply It Magically

  1.  I like comfort a little too much.  This book reminded me that everyone has the potential to be extraordinary.  
  2.  I started thinking about my life purpose.  What would my epic personal legend be?
  3.  Mistakes are difficult, particularly magical ones.  It's so easy to dismiss magic as fake when my spell go wrong.  Dreams can be misleading but it doesn't mean that they don't possess truth.

If You Liked This Post You Might Enjoy Some Other Book Spotlights


Are you on GoodReads?  Let's be friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment