Thursday, July 5, 2018

Book Spotlight: Your Money Or Your Life by Vicki Robin

Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence: Fully Revised and Updated for 2018 by [Robin, Vicki, Dominguez, Joe]

Vicki Robin has composed a non-magical book that I think works magic. 

What Drew Me In

  1. Actually charting my money on a daily basis was enlightening.  I say that healthy food is important to me and yet why was I spending so much money on fast food that I don't even like to eat?  It gave the expression "food for thought" a whole new level of meaning.
  2. I've never been a fan of budgeting, it didn't really work for me.  This book offered me the idea to graph my expenses and income so I can see where I've been and make a reasonable hypothesis on where I might be going.
  3. There is a whole lot of financial hope in this book - I don't know anyone who wouldn't appreciate that.

How I Think I Can Apply It Magically

  1. What is a magic spell but a detail plan with a dash of faith?  If you're looking for a money spell a charm from the Renaissance may not work, but this book lays out a practical and doable plan.
  2. Many of the antidotes from people describe their financial transformations as "magical."  I believe that they are.
  3. This addresses a bit of the emotional and spiritual aspects attached to money.  Magic isn't just about practicality, it also is very much about feelings and faith.

Have you ever done money magic?  What worked for you?

Other Book Spotlights You Might Enjoy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment