Monday, September 3, 2018

Divination is Art


I was very excited to learn the practice of Geomancy Divination from John Michael Greer.  At his class, I sheepishly presented by already battered copy of The Art and Practice of Geomancy for him to sign.  When I showed embarrassment over the dog-eared pages he told me he was thrilled to see it in its condition because clearly, I was using his book.  He signed it and I was thrilled.

Then I promptly lost the book.  I was devastated. 

If you bring up my image of the Geomancy chart I calculated to find that book, you can see that I was still struggling with the art and practice of Geomancy.  But let me tell you the results. 

The book came back to me.  A co-worker (actually the term we use in policing is "partner") found it in a squad car and brought it directly to my home.  The book came to me. 

So now that I have more experience, I would interpret this chart differently.  Look at the bottom square - this is called a House Chart.  The figure in the triangle marked number 1, is Fortuna Minor.  This figure represents success but unstable.  This position in this first triangle is representing me - a perfect figure because I lost the book, no one else was to blame for that.  So yep, unstable - I lost it, no one took it.  But this figure also suggests the book may return.  Now my original notes say that my answer should be in the second triangle or ninth triangle.  Ideally Fortuna Minor should repeat in that triangle to give me a definite YES! But it didn't.  This was not entirely hopeless, in Geomancy, there are a few ways a yes can be indicated.  Fortuna Minor did repeat in the fifth triangle.  But at first I was confused because that had nothing to do with my question, "Will I find my Geomancy Book?"

Fortuna Minor repeats again in the sixth triangle.  John Micheal Greer called this pattern a "walking figure" and the symbol in the triangle it "walks" to is also very important.  Conjunctio (the 'X' like symbol in the 7th triangle) is a figure known to be favorable for finding lost things.  In addition to that, another figure, the one in that 9th triangle as a matter of fact, also walked back to Conjunctio in that 7th triangle.  That seventh triangle actually represents the astrological House of Marriage.

And what pray tell, do we often call spouses?  How about "partner?"

Also interesting to note is that Fortune Major, which means assured success, appears in triangle 10.  This represents the astrological House of Career. 

The figure in that ninth house that went "walking" is called Albus, a figure of passivity. 

The chart was trying to tell me that I had lost the book at work (I didn't know that when I made this chart incidentally) but not to worry.  I did not have to do anything, the book would find it's way back to me through my partner. 

Which is exactly what happened.  I happily use that autographed copy of the Art and Practice of Geomancy to this day.  I was so delighted to have it back.  This chart taught me a great deal about divination interpretation.  Divination has rules, but interpretation is more than just following the rules.  You have to allow the symbols to tell you a story - you have to allow for creativity in your interpretation. 

So if you want to learn a divination.  Practice.  Track results.  Keep learning. 

If you liked this post you might also enjoy:  

Deluxe Geomancy Reading









No comments:

Post a Comment