Monday, September 17, 2018

Divination with Runes - Uruz

While Geomancy is my preferred method of divination, I still am quite drawn to the Scandinavian Runes.   They really resonate with me because I feel like they connect me to my heritage.

I'm starting a new position at my day job, so I was curious to see if the energy associated with my ancestors had any images of wisdom to impart to me.  I did a one rune draw and was presented with Uruz. 


I allowed myself to meditate on this symbol.  The first thing that came to mind was the weights I use on my canopy when I attend events for my other business outside of my day job.  In my meditation I was transported back to Fort Wayne, Indiana just a few weeks ago from this post when I used these weights for the first time.  It was raining and the winds were strong, but the weights on my canopy made everything so stable.  I remember feeling really secure with those weights on my tent.  I was so proud of myself for purchasing them.  Uruz is associated with strength, and to me stability is a quality associated with strength.

As I was meditating my son was chatting with me from his room.  I noted that I did not have to completely abandon what I was trying to do to address his question. 

In a similar vein of distraction, Crowley Cat touched my arm.  Without opening my eyes I knew it was her, and not one of my other cats.  I observed the gentleness of her touch and the calming affect it had on me.  It occurred to me that the rune symbol of Uruz is associated with the once powerful wild oxen - the aurochs.  In my meditation it occurred to me that wildness does not have to be violent, it can also be gentle.

I did drift off topic and my thoughts started running on a divination class that I want to write and teach.  But when I redirected my focus back to Uruz, I felt like the message it was trying to convey to me concerning this new position I'm going into at work, was tied to redirection and regaining focus.  I need to remember not to abandon what I'm working towards.  I need to remember not to give up just because things get chaotic.  I also think Uruz was suggesting that I will be able to bring some stability to this position at my work.  I may be a gentle and calming element.

I have been rather anxious about this change at work.  But this divination helped me see some possibilities and gives me some hope.  That is precisely why I love the practice of divination. 

If you like this post you may enjoy some of my other divinations:


No comments:

Post a Comment