Monday, July 2, 2018

Weekly Divination - Fairy Fortune 1 Card Draw

I have always enjoyed divination.  My favorite Aunt, Maddy was a palm reader and introduced me to tarot cards as a young girl.  She feigned that she could not make heads or tails of the cards, but I was like, "Don't you see the story here?"

Much later I was introduced to Nordic runes and my Scandinavia DNA hummed with the songs of the runes.

A few years ago I had the pleasure of meeting John Michael Greer.  He was teaching a class on Geomancy Divination at the Occult Bookstore in Chicago, IL.  I was simply enthralled with the mathematical process of Geomancy.  I put away my tarot cards and my runes.  I only wanted to chart geomantic figures.

Then for the 11th year of the World of Faeries Festival, the theme was "A Journey Through Time."  So, my character Ruby Ruse, who is half pooka, looked into the future for the patrons and made prophecy to make her pooka padre proud.  I created Fairy Fortunes by infusing Fairy Folklore with Geomancy figures and principles.  I really meant for them to be a light-hearted affair, but the Fairy Fortunes (like any other form of divination) do a great job of providing a bit of creative wisdom.

Tuesday's Fairy Fortune: 

A Vila like Via loves change. 
Her home any road she can range. 
A whirlwind this sprite 
Her weakness is spite, 
But vigor and vim her exchange. 


The winds of change have arrived. Although it seems that not everyone is welcoming this. It is very difficult to give up things. Old habits especially die hard. Even when we know that our past behaviors are not good for us, we resist the changes that we know will bring us health and even happiness.

What is comfortable is not always what is beneficial. In fact comfort can in fact be our doom. Via the Vila is offering her hand to you this Tuesday. She is taking you on a journey, and yes, it is going to be pretty harrowing at times, and Via the Vila will not always be the most companionable of companions. However she is pulling you out of the muck of your comfort. You may not know yet where you are going, but it is better than where you were.

What form of divination do you favor?

3 comments:

  1. I feel like this divination may be for me. I’m going through a huge change right now in life and I am so scared, I feel sick about it.
    Ps- I love my runes, but I am starting down the path of pendulum readings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change is scary. I think it's my fear that makes me want to run back to comfort...even when that comfort is like warm mud in a swamp I'm drowning in...

    I'm working on turning the fear into thrill. It's still fear, just with the fun of excitement mixed in, like a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down.

    I have several pendulums. I had forgotten how interesting it is to work with them. You have me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized you had responded to me! That is a really good idea. I think I will try to look at it that way from now on. I

      Delete