Thursday, June 21, 2018

Book Spotlight: Option B by Sheryl Sandberg

Image result for option b images

I'm currently reading Option B by Sheryl Sandberg and Adam Grant. 

What Drew Me In

  1. I was drawn in by the idea the resilience to adversity was a skill that can be developed.
  2. I was introduced to the idea that the concept of permanence - the belief that the state of grief will last forever - can hinder resilience.
  3. The comparison of dealing with grief and physical stamina.  It's something that builds with practice.

How I Think I Can Apply It Magically

  1. Magic is all about taking a creative approach to a difficult situation.  If nothing is permanent, then I really do have the ability to change something about my circumstances.  I have power.
  2. Magic is a skill.  You can practice it.  I had never thought to apply that concept to grief and resilience.

Have you ever read a great book that the author had no intention of being applied to a magical life and yet inspires your path?  

No comments:

Post a Comment