Monday, October 1, 2018

Weekly Divination - 1 Fairy Card - Rubeus the Redcap

When Rubeus Redcap appears,
He'll force you to face darkest fears.
There's danger ahead
But go forth in dread.
Or live your regret in arrears.


Many people make the mistake of asking me if I'm white witch. In my opinion, magic does not have a color; it simply is.  And it can be used to be helpful or harmful in equal measure.  Many people want to believe healing magic can only be "good" but it is nothing short of rape if this "healing" is done without permission.
This concept of magic being neither good nor bad is largely why I felt moved to create a divination system that incorporated the energy of the fae (to learn more about my system visit www.fairyfortunes.com).  The fae are spirits of pure magic and likewise, they are neither white nor black, good nor evil, seelie or unseelie.  Court structures are human facades that are not recognized in the realm of the fae. Magic, and the fae simply are. They are helpful when they feel inspired to be helpful and they are vengeful when they feel moved to be so.
Are the fae evil?
Are you?
I'm sure that we have all done things that we regret later when the wisdom of hindsight gives us time to reflect. Sometimes we regret what we have done. Yet humans especially often regret what we did not do. In my lifetime I am more apt to regret those times where I tempered my vengeance. Would that my make me evil in your judgement? 
The message of Rubeus Redcap is that each of us must act in accordance with what we feel is right in the moment. If you feel you have made an error later, then diligently make amends in that moment of discovery.  Action is what is important - action in the moment.  But be careful that you don't mistake action for a judgment.  No human I've met cares for judgments, the fae I'm sure would find a mortal's judgment simply laughable.  Rubeus the Redcap would probably warn you to dole your judgments out sparingly.

If you like this post you may enjoy some of my other divinations:


No comments:

Post a Comment