Monday, November 19, 2018

Book Spotlight: Underworld by Chris Allaun


I am very fortunate to have been a student of Chris Allaun.  I was very pleased to see his magic come to fruition and be able to own an autographed copy of Underworld: Shamanism, Myth, Magic.

I do think that this book does requires some prerequisite work.  In order to get the most out of this work, you should have some working knowledge of some magical system - preferably with some kind of astral journeying work, and you should be familiar with the concepts of Underworld, Mid-world and Upper-world.  If you live in the Chicago Area, applying for private lessons with Chris Allaun would be the perfect supplement to this volume and his following books.  You can contact him through his Facebook page if you this is an option for you. 

If you have never explored the concept of ancestral work and the Underworld, I would suggest Walking the Twilight Path by Michelle Belanger as a starting point and then moving into the work of Chris Allaun. 

What drew me in:

  1. One of my favorite things about this work is that it reads much like a memoir.  There are many descriptive narratives of the author's personal travels through the Underworld.  
  2. I appreciate that he describes frightening beings that you can sometimes encounter in your Underworld journeys as "chaotic" rather than evil because things that make us afraid can be great teachers.  Good and evil are very subjective.  Hilter, for example, thought he was saving his country.
  3. I really loved his commentary about myth and story.  Imagination is a gateway to personal gnosis and myth and story engage the imagination.

How I think I can apply this magically:

  1. I mentioned that I was fortunate to be Chris Allaun's student.  I have used the techniques in his book to explore the Underworld and I had some interesting revelations there.
  2. I am constantly trying to be the best person that I can be.  I thought this book very much resonated with my personal mission to "have courage to be who I could be."
  3. I was fascinated by his descriptions of the Kabbalah and Qliphoth and is something I would like to explore more.
I would also like to announce that Chris Allaun will be making a guest appearance on my alter ego's YouTube channel in the very near future.  Please visit Fairy Fortunes by Ruby Ruse on YouTube, subscribe and hit the notification bell so you will notified of this interview release!

If you liked this post, you may enjoy some of my other book spotlights:



No comments:

Post a Comment