Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Happy Pagan Coming Out Day! 2017

A new friend I met at Paganicon is very busy running a Podcast called Mystic.  The show's mission is to educate about Paganism and Magical Traditions.  Many of the episodes feature a historical theme, but to show that Paganism is most certainly alive and thriving in 2017, she asked her present-day social connections to film short bursts describing themselves and their path.

Well...mine was not short.

When I attempted to send it to her, my cell phone just laughed at me considering the size of the file.



My video was too large because not only did I want to show myself as a practicing Pagan, I wanted to show that I share my religious beliefs with my son, just as most parents do.  I felt it was important to welcome people into our home to show that we are actually not all that different from everyone else.  I suppose the largest difference in our home is the skull decorated with flowers, which is a permanent decoration and not just for Halloween (also called Samhain).  But as you can see, we eat Oreo cookies just like everyone else.

I couldn't submit this Video to the Mystic Podcast due to the size, but perhaps is was simply meant for today.  May 2, the day after the Major Pagan Holiday Beltane, has been established at Pagan Coming Out Day.  Not only do I identify as Pagan and I'm very open about that fact (obviously), my son also identifies his religion as Paganism.

We had an amazing family Beltane Ritual, incidentally.  The theme was action and inspiration.

The Fires of Beltane Summon You

What will you DO?




If you would like more information on this ritual expressly built for a Pagan child, or would like a copy please email me:  amychristensenmusic@gmail.com

Additionally, I have a previous post from 2013 about my Pagan Child, in the Article Pagan Coming Out Day.   

And please visit the Mystic Podcast!

If you are Pagan, you are not alone.  There is nothing wrong with you.  You are certainly not evil.  You are just not Christian.  Now, go eat an Oreo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment