Monday, January 7, 2019

Book Spotlight: The Fairy Faith in Celtic Countries By W.Y Evans-Wentz


I am very proud to report that I have finished this tome of collected folklore!  It is a collection of testimony and essays, so it can at points be very...very dry, but if you can push through and re-read those passages where you zoned out you will be gifted with the most comprehension collection of eye-witness testimony of true believers in the fae beings of the Celtic lands.

What Drew Me In

1.  Pages and Pages of testimony from a host of different people living in the Celtic lands who had a personal experience with an intelligent spirit they believed to be of the otherworld - a fae or a fairy.
2.  While the author admitted that he had never had an encounter himself, he was sure of his sources and believed that the wild world had intelligences of non-human origin.
3.  Additionally, there are many essays presenting anthropological theories for these intelligences.

How I Think I Can Apply This Magically

1.  I was introduced to various practices to entice and placate the fae.  
2.  It helped me come up with my own theories on the subtle differences between fae, ghost and spirit.

If you like this post, you may also enjoy:  


No comments:

Post a Comment