Sunday, May 12, 2013

May 11, 2013 Brigit: Sun of Womanhood


On Saturday, May 11, 2013 I joined an amazing group of presenters to celebrate the launch of new book Brigit: Sun of Womanhood.The evening began with prayers for Brigit lead by one of the book editors, Michael McDermott. He had many stories to share about how the book was compiled and also shared stories about his fellow editor and wife, Patricia Monaghan, who recently passed away. Ms. Monaghan was a spiritual leader in the Pagan community; one who inspired many to action.


Hearing not only Mr. McDermott speak of her but also Anne Key, Janet Berres and Eileen Rosensteel relate the contributions of Ms. Monaghan to the community, made me feel that I missed my chance to meet such a remarkable woman. I can however learn from the example she set, and continue her work becoming active in politics and continuing to pursue my Goddess scholarship.





Ms. Rosensteel, one of the contributors to Brigit: Sun of Womanhood, presented her poem, “Bard of Black Earth,” in tribute to Ms. Monaghan.


Not only was I inspired by the work of Ms. Monaghan, I was treated once again to the songs of Louise Cloutier. Watching her dig in her toes and sing with her whole body to the Goddess surges me with delight; I can only hope that one day I will produce even half of her effect.

I have run into Kiel Milner at many events at Life Force arts center. His runic toning for Brigit was interesting. I have wanted to work tonally with the runes and his presentation sparked some ideas.


Joan Forest Mage is the brilliance behind Life Force Arts Center. Her dance “Water of Life” was full of grace and expression. I learned later in the evening that one of the Goddesses to which Life Force Arts Center is dedicated is the Goddess Brigit.

It was really a pleasure to meet Szmeralda Shanel, another one of the contributors, to Brigit: Sun of Womanhood and also the book launch organizer. Her essay “My Blood Song” made me laugh and also sent shivers down my spine. Her essay concerned her personal work with the Goddess Brigit and her struggle to come to terms with her Celtic bloodline. It gave me new perspective on my own ancestral difficulties.

Shauna Aura Knight closed the evening with a communal song to Brigit.

It was an honor to be a part of such a powerful event. I was also pleased to learn of the publishing company, Goddess Ink. There are so many of their publications I want to purchase and absorb!







1 comment:

  1. Kiel is a fruitcake. And worships Satan and his deceptive blindness. He will be Sorry when he meets Jesus Christ and God. Hell is made for wicked unbelievers if you dont believe the power of God. You will know when your soul returns to God to be judged. Judgement day is coming for all you Repent before its too late and Give yourself to the lord of lords king of kings Jesus Christ .Amen. Praise you Jesus for your mercy

    ReplyDelete